Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
|December 8, 2017|
|Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch|
Hello Neighbor is a stealth-horror game that is developed in Unreal Engine 4, it was released for Microsoft Windows and Xbox One on December 8, 2017. Shortly afterwards, a Nintendo Switch release was announced, and slated for release sometime in 2018.
You move into a brand new suburb and notice your neighbor is hiding something in his basement. The only logical thing to do is to break into his house and figure out what he's hiding.
- Stealth Horror
- Procedural AI
- Pixar-style visuals
- Extremely tense gameplay
The Neighbor gathers all the information about the player's actions, decisions, movements etc. Having analyzed it, he comes up with counter-actions, traps and unique tactics to ward off the player. The more one messes up, the more the Neighbor adapts.
In the game, the player must enter the door to the basement, but it won't be easy. As said in the AI section, the Neighbor adapts to the player's playstyle, and will either board up smashed windows, place bear traps in areas in which the player frequently visits, place cameras to areas where the bear traps just don't work, or block doors with chairs to hinder their attempts to visit rooms. The player can throw items to break windows and enter the house, although this alerts him to their location.
Main Article: Version History
- In Alpha 4, one can find a room that contains a TV, and box with an X and a 1 on it under the table, including a clipboard with the numbers "29.08" written on it. Information at the time confirmed that this was the release date of both the PC and Xbox One version. However, due to needing extra time for QA testing, the date was pushed back to December 8, 2017.
- The same tweet that tinyBuild also posted in Twitter confirmed that it was the release date of Hello Neighbor at the time.
- Windows 7 (64-bit) and up
- Processor: i5 and up
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: GTX 770 and up
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Sound Card: Stereo. Play with good stereo.