There are many Easter Eggs in Hello Neighbor, and most are references to Youtubers, though there are additional Easter Eggs.
Golden Apple[edit | edit source]
The Golden Apple is a mysterious item that can be found either physically or as a painting in all versions of Hello Neighbor except the Pre-Alpha. The method of obtaining it differs in each version.
- In Alpha 1, it is labelled as a prize at the rifle range, along with a TV Remote. Neither be obtained.
- In Alpha 3, the player can find a supermarket known as "The Golden Apple." It has no collision data, and so is speculated to only be used in a cutscene.
- This supermarket also exists in Alpha 4 and beyond. Between Alpha 4 and the final Beta, its text is in Russian/Slovenian. In the final build, it appears to be in English, but reads "Puserkarmet" instead.
- The golden apple is obtainable after growing a tree using the seed in Alpha 4, going to the left corner of the Neighbor's house with the apple equipped prompts a cutscene of a vision from the Neighbor's perspective.
- This seed also appears at the top of the Neighbor's windmill in the Beta 3, and the player can still grow the golden apple, but the gramophone was moved to the Golden Apple room, inside the wall and requried use of the superthrow ability to get the apple through the wall.
- The same tree is found as a sapling in the Beta 3 basement.
- In the final build, the seed instead appears on the lone platform containing an armchair and a bear rug. There also no longer appears to be a cutscene for the apple, and it instead grants the player an achievement. The player also has shorts with a golden apple design on them in the first two acts of the game.
Notably, in Alpha 1, if the Neighbor breaks down a door, it can be picked up. Doing so will show a yellow-green colored image of an apple as the HUD icon. This is presumably a placeholder for all objects without an item graphic.
YouTuber Items[edit | edit source]
There are a variety of objects that can be found in the game that reference Youtubers that have played the game.
- A cereal box from the kitchen that has a man with rainbow hair and a beard and mustache, which references the YouTuber AaronSayWhat.
- A pattern of black and white from the sides of the noodle box with sneaky eyes from the living room that also contains noodles. It references YouTuber The 8-Bit Ninja.
- A yellow book that says "HACKBOY9000" from nearby the living room is on the shelves. It references 8-BitRyan.
- A white rifle box that is empty and says "One_Shot G" (presumably the name of the rifle) can be found at the front of the house. It references the YouTuber One_Shot_Gurl.
- A toy tank that says "BONUS" can be found in the room that contained the rifle between Alpha 4 and Beta 2. It is a reference to the YouTuber BonusTank.
- A red wanted poster with a man wearing a pair of black shades can be found on a house across the road. Two more identical posters are lay near it and can be picked up. It references a russian YouTuber named DIAWANTED.
- A blue, white and black mask can be found near the large green road sign, near where the Sharkotron is. It references a Hispanic YouTuber named BersGamer.
- 2 green containers that say "BIJUUM", a giant one in the Fear Darkness level, and a normal-sized one in the Neighbor's kitchen. They are a reference to YouTuber BijuuMike.
- A message on the chalkboard in the Alpha 1 classroom and on the chalkboard of the Fear School level which reads "Razzbowski + Margareth", referencing the YouTuber Razzbowski.
- A bottle of salsa labelled "Captain Salsa" can be found in the player's fridge. It is a nod to the YouTuber CaptainSauce.
- A toy truck outside the window where tomato plants and the valve for draining water can be found, referencing the YouTube channel Video Game News.
- A broken gramophone with a red disk titles "JT Machinima".
- A poster of Nintendo Mii heads with a description "Family". It references the FGTeeV family.
- A green house with address M13 references "Greenhouse M13"
Notably in Alpha 4, if some of the grabbable items are picked up, they will show a different icon which does not represent them correctly.
- The cereal box will have the icon of a gallon of milk.
- The noodle box will have a regular noodle box icon.
- The book will have a regular book icon.
- The toy tank has the icon of a shoe.
YouTube Channel Links[edit | edit source]
- AaronSayWhat ► [www.youtube.com/user/AaronSayWhat]
- The 8-Bit Ninja ► [www.youtube.com/user/cirby88TNG]
- 8-Bit Ryan ► [www.youtube.com/channel/UCx8vbgWs666cAS7wsKos5sA]
- ONE_shot_GURL ► [www.youtube.com/channel/UCoQy7bIaDkPOszLEbJsWTtw]
- BonusTank ► [www.youtube.com/user/BonusTank]
- DIAWANTED ► [www.youtube.com/user/DIAWANTED]
- BersGamer ►[www.youtube.com/user/BersGamer]
- BijuuMike ► [www.youtube.com/user/BijuuMike]
- Razzbowski ► [www.youtube.com/user/Razzbowski]
- Captain Sauce ► [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChZD0fgllE2i-wUlgQV_9pA]
- Video Game News ► [www.youtube.com/channel/UCitsvZeConV2Im24BVFH8hg]
- JT Machinima ► [https://www.youtube.com/user/skullkruncher13]
- FGTeeV ► https://www.youtube.com/user/FGTeeV
- Family Youtub3 ► [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbZgDzTkBQMkPWYBFESJ3sQ]
Other Easter Eggs[edit | edit source]
- The player's childhood is wearing a shirt with a shark on it which references the Sharkotron, his shorts references the Golden Apple.
- There is a way to get access to the outside of the map, right from the running bridge part (which where the 12 buttons are.) Go to the middle part of running bridge while you have some chances, you can see an obvious wall, go through it and you can find a Unreal Engine Missing Script.
- If you rewind back at Alpha 4's intro, from the high place that the mannequin was looking at you. Now before you go to the window, throw something first (make sure that you throw really far) and you can now go up the part of the windmill then use the umbrella to fall down to that window, you'll find the neighbor's family photo, the wife's purse and shoe(s).
- Outside on the map, on the large water part you can find another Sharkotron with a boat referencing The Jaw (1975) and a crashed Voyager satellite the golden record which might be referencing to the X-Files.
- A UEMS (or Unreal Engine Missing Script) can be found on Act 1 which is where the sequence of the boy running and kicks the ball, after kicking the ball you can look around the houses which mostly important is the house near the neighbor's (from the left side actually.) Touching it will teleport the player to a room with code but with an endless falling out of the map. (Restart
- Another UEMS can be found on Act 3 (which is before starting the player's role) is from the player's old house, now there was no access of going upstairs so you can jump in by stacking boxes, attempting a jump (parkour), or something else (like cheating). Go straight and open the door you can find a QR code and a numbers code within the UEMS.
- The first UEMS is found on Act 1 which is from the nearby house, the second one is found in Act 3 which is from running bridge, the final one is from the upstairs of Act 3.
- About the Sun and the Moon room are the Xbox easter egg which shows that it is available at the Xbox.